Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Couldn't Wait

My schedule is all messed up for many reasons (but mostly because yay, no school!) so I couldn't wait the entire week to post again.

On a side note, even though (besides the last two days) I've been getting a lot of editing done, my parents are annoyed that I've just been "sitting on the computer" and... yeah. That's bothersome.

I also have been researching again, looking into mesopotamian mythology, because it's really interesting how the first civilizations saw their large dangerous world, and I can incorporate more of that into the story, if need be.

I couldn't wait to post mostly because I recently went through my sketchbooks again and have a few character sketches I really like. I filled up two sketchbooks since last summer and a lot of them had stuff relating to my book because it's been on my mind so much this past year.


So this is Jamie/James, and he's probably one of my favorite characters, even though in this book (after all I am planing a series) he doesn't get much time in-story. He's the first generation, so this is actually how he looks young, like in the "fifty years ago" prologue. I'm still learning to draw old people so... I'm also not sure, I realized yesterday, how old he should look, since yaknow, magic and all.

Haha, this sketch went through multiple de-smudges and a bad attempt to use hairspray instead of fixative before I actually fixed it. I don't usually have to use fixative on sketchbook things by I think I had been using a weird pencil... some pencils just CANNOT be hb when they say they are.

Please tell me what you think! I have yet to get ANY comments on this blog. What's up with that?

85/416

Problems I'm Thinking About:
-general suckage
-character consistency
-mastering the use of dialogue
-well-rounded character stories
-making world more realistic
-it sounds a little childish, where I am now, so getting rid of that "eighth-grader's fanfiction" feel.

2 comments:

  1. Leigh,
    Love all your work! Impressive- it takes a lot of discipline to do it right.

    BTW, if you want to learn to draw "old" people, I volunteer to model.

    See you.
    ls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you! Haha you're not old enough for me. Love you!
    LS

    ReplyDelete