Thursday, September 18, 2014

Breaking Ice

I've just written a new scene-- not really a whole scene, just a new addition-- but it's the first really new material I've put into the manuscript in a while. It feels like breaking fresh ground.

Excitement is high though. I'm all settled back into school and life is a little less hectic now. I've been getting some organizing done, rearranging things in the outline and outlining new scenes that have to be put in. But this is the first actual change I've made to the document. It's the beginning. This is the big edit.

I'm ready to chop up this thing and make it good! TOUGH LOVE!

I'm only a little overwhelmed thinking about it.

There's a new thing, though! I'm in the writing club at my school, and we meet every other week to workshop. I'm starting to send them all my manuscript bit by bit so I can get critiques on it. The first meeting was the other night and it was the first bit of the prologue- the absolute oldest part of the manuscript (though arguably the most heavily edited so far) and it went really well. For what I think is one of the choppiest and immature bits, getting good comments really gave be some hope.

Hopefully this will give me momentum to be ruthless.

There's just so much of it.

That's all for tonight, I'll be back in a week with more.

No comments:

Post a Comment